6.05.2009

Something New.

Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a rut with your fashion? There are times that I feel like I could definitely use a change. One look I have always been fond of is that east-coast preppy look. Something I could never pull off on a daily basis, but implementing small touches of it into my every day wardrobe seems to be proving much easier. I recently went to an event for a friend and I decided to wear a bow-tie. Something I would NEVER do normally and guess what.....it worked amazingly well with my ensemble. Of course, it was a classic, tie-it-yourself bowtie. I wouldnt be caught dead in a pre-tied bowtie.
Another example...I am addicted to denim. I love jeans!! I can't get enough. After the major hurricanes in the south, I donated about 20 pairs of jeans to the victims and STILL I had about 16 pairs in my closet [with the number growing still]. I was inspired by an article in the current issue of GQ to "Give Your Jeans the Summer Off". I decided to give it a try. On Monday, I wore jeans. [What? I wasn't ready to let them go just yet] Tuesday...skinny jeans [I know, I know...how can I give advice if I can't take it? BUT they were different than those that I usually wear, which would be slim boot cut]. Nonetheless!, it was a slight change. Wednesday...khakis!! I did it! I strayed from my denim! I was, in fact, verrry comfortable in them too! There's just something about khakis and flip-flops that make you feel so relaxed. Thursday...brown trousers. These were equally as comfortable as the khakis and slightly dressier. Aaaand now comes Friday....jeans. Like I said, changes need to be subtle. It's all about slowly incorporating new elements to your wardrobe. Don't be afraid to try something new. Also, experiment with footwear! The pics below exhibit a variety of footwear including flip-flops, canvas sneakers, dress shoes, etc. But remember, if you are going to wear sandals, prep your feet!! I'll post an entry soon on proper foot-care for the summer (flip-flop) months. Here are some pics of jean-alternatives for the hot summer months, along with links to purchase.

Polo Ralph Lauren Featherweight GI pants

7 For all Mankind - Beaten Canvas Cotton Standard Pants

Ben Sherman 'Arcade' Chinos




Ben Sherman Plaid Shorts

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home