7.14.2009

Accessorize.


Yes, guys should accessorize too. If you think that necklaces, rings and bracelets are just for girls; you're wrong. These days, there are plenty of designers that cater to men's jewelry - and no, they aren't all puka shell necklaces and Italian gold chains. As a matter of fact, I sincerely hope you are NOT wearing those items....unless you're from Hawaii or in the mafia OR in the extremely singular case that you are, in fact, Mr. T.

What I'm talking about are pieces that stand out in a crowd. Pieces that tell the world a little bit about you. Whether you like watches, necklaces or anything in between, there is something out there to punctuate your ensemble. After all, it is most likely going to be the last thing you put on.

This will be a multi-part series and today, we'll start with Necklaces.

I recently came across a great brand with a lot of fantastically unique pieces. Alex&Chloe. They offer reasonably-priced jewelry for just about every occasion. I discovered them at a great local store called "Hommework" [Don't worry, you'll hear more about them. An article will be coming in the next few days]. The first necklace [among many others] I bought from their collection was this one:
A pill...A PILL!! Who makes "pill" necklaces?! I love it! It's different, it's new, it's awesome. I also purchased their "Fork You" necklace, which was so cool until it was broken by some roughhousing at a bar. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to find a replacement. ;-)

Up next, the KR3W Master Pendant. This particular necklace comes in 3 colors [gold, silver, black] and is available for $15 at Karmaloop.com. For some reason, old-fashioned keys have always intrigued me. Their look is fresh but in a classic way.


And last but not least is the Double-Rosary Necklace at UrbanOutfitters.com. This necklace would look great with a deep v-neck shirt or even a crisp, white linen shirt during these hot summer days.



Stay tuned for more accessory ideas, tips and pics. If you've got any thoughts, feel free to sound off in the comments OR send me an email.

-Farzad

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home