6.17.2009

Album of the Moment. 06.17.09

Chester French - Love The Future




A relatively new band on Star Trak records, Chester French has become one of my favorite new bands to keep an eye on. Having started the band during their freshman year at Harvard, D.A. Wallach and Maxwell Drummey are steadily rising to music greatness. They recently toured with Lady GaGa on her "Fame Ball Tour" and this summer, they will be touring with Blink-182. Their debut album was released on April 21, 2009 and has been all over the place!

They're a great band and are very fan-centric. As soon as I heard their single, She Loves Everybody, I checked out their website and signed up to be a "Chester French VIP". Shortly after, I received a few emails from the band which were actually written by D.A. and Max themselves (as far as I could tell). When I ordered my album through their site, there was a significant delay in the delivery so I sent an email to check on it and D.A. personally wrote me back to apologize and assure me that it was on its way. Who does that anymore?! I'll tell you who, Chester French. I have a feeling that as long as they can, they'll continue this great contact with their supporters.

The first time I heard their music, I immediately though "electronic-Beatles-fun". That was literally exactly what went through my mind. Smart lyrics, great beats, not to mention, the guys have great style. Just check out D.A.'s tux on their album cover above..how awesome is that??!! My fave songs off "Love The Future" are: Bebe Buell, Time to Unwind, and Sleep.

Just a couple of weeks before the release of this debut album, the band gifted fans with a mixtape, "Jacques Jams, Vol. 1"", which is still available for free on their website, featuring collaborations with so many other great artists. Among my faves from the mixtape: Ciroc Star feat. Diddy and Jadakiss, What a World with Common and Nerd Girl with Janelle Monae.

Chester French is definitely worth checking out. They are bringing something new and fresh to the mix and I'm sure to be a supporter for years to come. Check them out on tour this summer and/or buy their album.

Follow the link to buy the album, download their free mixtape and find out more about the band, including tour dates, blog, and lyrics.

-Farzad

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home