6.09.2009

Hello, My Name Is.

When I started this blog [last week], I thought I wanted to remain anonymous. As it so happens, that was a stupid idea. The more I tell people "Check out my blog!" and they see the first post [at the bottom of the page], the more stupid the idea seemed. Why did I want to hide behind my computer?! This is something that I and my fantastic friends and co-writers should be very proud of. I decided to come out of hiding [after only a week! silly, I know!] because I wanted to share with you all the reason for creating this blog...which just so happens to involve my name.

The Persian name "Farzad' means splendid birth. I used to hate my name because of its meaning. I mean, who wants to be thought of in the same category as childbirth?? Yeah, its a wondrous thing but it's also gross! However, I've come to realize that my name describes me perfectly. I like to look at every day as a new birth. A splendid one. I've recently realized that we tend to take the small things in life for granted. Actually, we seem to take A LOT of things in life for granted. There are kids in the our own cities who will never know the joys of climbing a tree, kicking a ball, or even walking a dog. We have so much to be thankful for everyday and just knowing the meaning of my name has made me aware of that. This is how we need to approach everything in life...including ourselves.

The reason I started this blog is because I have always had a strong interest in fashion and journalism (as you can read on my personal blog HERE). They aren't things I talk about frequently because I never thought I could really do it. Starting this blog, and having my some of my best and closest friends work on it too, has, so far, been so exhilarating. I can't think of something in the past few years that has given me so much to look forward to like this has.

People have come to me for fashion advice for years and years. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes, I may be a little off with my own style, but I like to think of my flubs as trademarks. Everyone is entitled to their own style. If I can help people find their style, I'd feel like my work was just getting started.

We want this blog to be about more than just fashion. Although the name, TheMensFashionBlog.com, sounds like it would limit us to fashion alone, it can actually open the doors for so much more. Food, Life, Health, Grooming, Music, Movies, Books, etc.

To help explain my point, I found this definition of "Fashion" as a noun from Dictionary.com:

fash⋅ion

[fash-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
1.a prevailing custom or style of dress, etiquette, socializing, etc.: the latest fashion in dresses.
2.conventional usage in dress, manners, etc., esp. of polite society, or conformity to it: the dictates of fashion; to be out of fashion.


Look at #1 "Style of dress, etiquette, socializing, etc.". This is the reason for the blog. Not to tell people what to wear; but to help people find their own "Fashion" for all aspects of life.

I honestly hope that this blog becomes more than just a blog. With help of great writers, great readers and constant attention, I believe it can be.

This blog is for YOU. We want to answer your questions about anything you have to ask. We want our readers to be as much a part of this blog as we are. Please email any of our writers, or myself, and we will answer you in the best way we can.

Thanks for reading,
Farzad Farrokhnia
Editor-in-Chief/Creator of TheMensFashionBlog.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home